$43 65072.02.100 Whitewater of the Southern Appalachians Vol. 1: The Plateau, 2nd edition is your guide to the canyon country west of the Tennessee River, where the streams of the Cumberland Plateau have inspired generations of whitewater paddlers. Use the guide to plan your next paddling trip or learn more about the streams and river culture of Southern Appalachia.
- The comprehensive guide includes valuable, accurate information on more than 150 whitewater streams, inspiring photography, in-depth knowledge of plateau geology, classic river stories and much more.
- Detailed maps show roads and topographical features and give precise directions for put-in, take-out and shuttle.
- Run descriptions include step-by-step descriptions of major named rapids along with suggested lines and hazards.
- A "beta box" for each described run gives its classification (I-VI), the subjective quality (1-5 star system), length in miles, put-in and take-out locations, elevation, gradient, gauge location, levels, rain gauge, drainage area and type of shuttle.
- For information on paddling destinations in the Mountain region, look to Whitewater of the Southern Appalachian Vol. 2: The Mountains.
|Copyright:||2022 Wolverine Publishing|
|Size:||6 1/2" x 9"|