Corrosion resistant stainless steel and poly-impregnated aluminum are combined for a durable Piston Intake Valve. A large unique oval waterway increases efficiency while reducing the overall size. All this, plus a special 10 year warranty against corrosion makes the Black Max piston intake valves the obvious choice for today's fire service.
-Stainless steel piston housing
- Compact size - Extends only 11 15/16" from the pump panel
- 250 psi operating pressure
- Polymer Piston for improved corrosion resistance
- Large waterway with a cast-in turning vane for reduced turbulence and efficient flow
- Pressure relief valve adjustable from 50 - 250 psi (preset @ 150 psi)
- 53° elbow
- 3/4" air bleeder valve
- Storz cap and chain
- Air bleeder lines
The new and improved Black Max Piston Intake Valve offers
IMPROVED CORROSION RESISTANCE
The combination of the stainless steel piston housing, polyimpregnated body and polymer piston maximizes product life. FIELD SERVICEABLE A unique two piece design allows the piston intake valve to be field serviceable.
Akron stands behind the Black Max by providing a full 10 Year warranty against manufacturing defects and corrosion.
FULL FLOW 2000 gpm (7600 lpm)
- Enlarged waterway for maximum flow efficiency.
LOW FRICTION LOSS
- Only 7 PSI @ 2000 gpm (.5 bar @ 7600 lpm)
The Piston Intake Valve shall be constructed of lightweight, corrosion-resistant, hard-anodized and poly-impregnated aluminum and stainless steel. The valve shall have an adjustable (50 to 250 psi) relief valve, a 3⁄4" air bleeder, a built-in 53° down angle inlet, a stainless steel drive screw and piston nut, a hand wheel with fold-away knob, a polymer piston, a durable non-stick seat, and a minimum 4 3⁄4" diameter waterway with casting turning vane. The valve shall not exceed 7 psi friction loss at 2000 gpm and 11 15⁄16" in depth. Must specify inlet and outlet. Product must carry a 10 year warranty.