"New Standard in Performance Hardware"
D"s are the backbone of most climbers" racks and to some, shaving ounces is the most important thing. With that in mind, we"ve trimmed the weight of our Screw-Lok Standard D by a full 9%, without sacrificing an iota of major-axis strength! By utilizing a precise hot forging process, we are able to achieve the perfect compromise between strength and weight. Although hot forging is a more costly and time consuming process when compared to cold forging, the end results are much more favorable. Manufacturing in this manner allows us to remove weight where it is not needed and add material along the spine to boost strength and durability.
- 9% frame weight reduction, without sacrificing strength
- Upgraded keylock nose to prevent unwanted snags/hang-ups
- 31% larger gate opening
- Improved bend radius in the basket along the spine of the carabiner
- I beam construction better protects markings
- Now offered in your choice of Straightgate, Screw-Lok, Quik-Lok, or 3-Stage Quik-Lok
Each carabiner is individually proof loaded and meticulously hand-inspected before leaving our ISO 9001 factory.
- One of the lightest Aluminum D carabiners available the world over
- Features a thin and streamlined frame
- Keylock nose to prevent unwanted snags and hang-ups
- Impressive strength to weight ratio
- Smooth inside frame designed to be textile friendly
- Single hand operation
- Vibrant blue anodize to aid in corrosion prevention and greater visibility
- Lubricated with a special blend of solvents and waxes designed for penetration, moisture displacement, lubrication, and protection
Weight: 2.18 oz / 62 g
Gate Opening: .748 in / 19 mm
Length: 4.21 in / 107.84 mm
Width: 2.36 in / 60 mm
Major Axis Strength: PENDING
Gate Open Strength: PENDING
Minor Axis Strength: PENDING