This Akron Brass intake valve has a compact design that saves valuable space on your pump panel and improves efficiency for your whole team. The Revolution's innovative handwheel design hugs tightly to the fire intake valve body eliminates possible interference with surrounding discharges and equipment on the pump panel.
The Revolution has all of the standard features you expect from an intake valve with flows capable of up to 2000 GPM (7600 LPM). Unlike many competitors' steel intake valves, the Revolution from Akron Brass is ideal for the most demanding apparatus intake applications.
- Straight inlet (7983)
- Robust, integrated Pyrolite patent-pending handwheel for easy operation
- Critical pump side waterway components constructed of non-corrosive stainless steel
- Durable, powder coated interior and exterior finish
- Optional Storz cap and chain
- Field adjustable relief valve between 50–250 psi (requires 7/8” wrench to adjust). Includes 1 ½” NPT female thread so the hose can be connected to redirect water to a desirable location
- Quick turn Bleeder valve operation - vents into relief discharge
- Built-in open/close position indicator on top of valve
- 2000 GPM maximum flow
- All intake valve parts that stay in contact with water are constructed of stainless steel
- Field-serviceable design
- NFPA 1901 compliant
- 10-year, heavy-duty warranty against manufacturing defects and corrosion*
- 4”-6” Inlet options (threaded or storz)
- 5”-6” long handle or rocker lug outlet options
- Style 7983 - 12.5” x 14” x 12.75” (318mm x 356mm x 324mm)
- Pressure relief adjustable between 50-250psi
- 250 psi operating pressure
- 7psi friction loss @ 2000gpm
- 38 lbs (18.1 kg)
- Firefighting - Structural
An Akron Brass Style 7983 Intake Valve shall be provided. The Intake Valve shall be constructed of lightweight, corrosion-resistant, hard-anodized aluminum and stainless steel. To protect against corrosion, the casting shall be coated with a powder coat finish and all components on the wet side of the valve shall be constructed from stainless steel. The valve shall have an adjustable (50-250 psi) relief valve, ¾” air bleeder that discharges at the same location as the pressure relief valve, an inlet directly inline with the waterway, a stainless ball sector, durable non-stick seat, and a minimum 4 ½” diameter waterway. A position indicator shall be included to indicate position of ball. A 12.5” diameter handwheel shall be included to operate valve open and close functions. The valve shall not exceed 7 psi friction loss at 2000 gpm and 12.75” depth. Must specify inlet and outlet. Product must carry a 10 year warranty against corrosion and manufacturer defects.